Praise for this book:
This unique book encompasses everything from hearing science and psychoacoustics to hearing conservation and basic audiometry...explaining it at beginner's level while providing a more in-depth look for the more experienced.--Doody's Review
The third edition of the successful Essentials of Audiology
is a comprehensive introduction to the entire field of audiology. Retaining the user-friendly approach of previous editions, it incorporates current scientific and clinical knowledge to provide students with a solid foundation in the core audiological concepts. It covers the full range of topics from acoustics, anatomy, and physiology, to auditory disorders and hearing impairments, screening techniques, assessment, and clinical management.
Highlights of the third edition:
- Coverage of the latest developments in hearing aid and cochlear implant technology and electrophysiological assessment
- New study questions at the end of each chapter that enable review of essential topics
- Expanded discussion of management techniques, now in two separate chapters
- More than 300 illustrations to demonstrate important concepts
- Extensive bibliography with references to the current literature
This introductory textbook is an indispensable reference for undergraduate and beginning graduate students in audiology and a resource for speech and language pathology students. With its thorough coverage of the essentials of clinical practice, the book also serves as a valuable refresher for beginning audiologists and speech-language pathologists.